GUIDELINES TO SUBMIT ART FOR CONSIDERATION and to enter
Women Rights Art show in our art gallery:
- Please send digital images of your original art in time to get your actual art to gallery on time. Send images to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email an informative artist statement about you and about your art. All media is considered with limitations of size to 32″ in all directions.
- We will carefully review and consider your artwork. Once accepted, we will contact you via email within 24 hours. Actual art must be rec'd at gallery by Feb. 2, 2016 for Women Rights Art Show.
- Prepare your pieces to be formally presented in the gallery. Label with your name and the title of the piece only on the back of each art piece you deliver. Install display-ready wire on the back of each piece we agree upon for the show.
- If a hook is used on back of artwork, it must be claw type and only one in center. Please don't use any other fasteners.
- Deliver your art pieces to the Liz Long Gallery (Chicago Urban Art Retreat Center 1957 S. Spaulding Ave.) by appt. or send via mail/USPS/FedEx/UPS. Art must arrive at gallery by date indicated for that show. thanks.
- Artist is responsible for all transportation costs and transportation arrangements. Include two copies of a signed inventory sheet you create that includes all of your contact info at the top (i.e.: address etc.), and a list of all the pieces you send including w/the title, size, description, media, and price or NFS.
Expect that artists receive 70% of all sales with 30% going to CUARC, the non-profit.
- Whether you live nearby or faraway- all artists are to invite their support network (family members, friends, co-workers, mailing list, & clients) to attend the opening reception and associated discussions they are interested in. All artists are asked to help publicize the art show online, on their Facebook page, twitter, etc.
- Artists must pick up their art on the last day of the show at 4 p.m. or by appt. within 3 days of the end of show or pay a daily fee beginning on 4th day. We do not have storage for your art and a new show is coming in right after your art show ends! Please be respectful and help us out.
- We are especially interested in art that spotlights the theme of the show.
International artists are very welcome in our art gallery. You must be willing & able to make arrangements for your art to get to and from the gallery.
Chicago Urban Art Retreat Center's photo.