I am writing to you, in the hope, that you will respond whether you are interested in a volunteer opportunity working with a small group of children who live in this area (North Lawndale). I would like to be able to refer you to our Children's Program Coordinator.
Gretchen is a volunteer who coordinates other volunteers who are interested in working with UAR's - Youth Issues Youth Solutions program. The children are 6-12yrs. old for
the most part. On any given session we offer there might be 4-10 children participating.
We are looking to find 2 volunteer teachers for 3 days a week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 3-5pm) now through end of March 2012. Volunteers can schedule once a month, or 2X a month, once a week, or for special activities only.
For example, we are offering a Halloween Party for adults & kids on Oct. 31 (4-8p.m.) and we are looking for volunteers to help with costumes, answer the door to trick or treaters, help kids to roast marshmallows and bob for apples, and hand out treats and refreshments.
We also need volunteers to go on field trips seasonally.
Here are your choices:
1. volunteer once a month to work with children as a volunteer teacher
2. volunteer once a week to work with children as a volunteer teacher
3. volunteer to present a special program of your choosing to the children once
4. volunteer to substitute when someone else cannot make it to work with the children
5. volunteer for UAR in some other capacity, not with children.
6. ask to be taken off our email list and receive no more emails from UAR
PLEASE, respond to this email letting me know which choice you make for yourself.
I sure do appreciate your cooperation!
Dianna C. Long
The URBAN ART RETREAT
1957 S. Spaulding Ave.
Chicago, Il. 60623